Wednesday 10 April 2024

Special News Made Public
Two months ago, I received an email from the RNA with exciting news that opened with the words STRICTLY PRIVATE AND CONFIDENTIAL. My latest novel, The Secret Sister, had been shortlisted for the prestigious Romantic Novel of the Year Awards in the Romantic Saga category. I knew that my lovely editor, Emma, at Joffe had entered it but I never thought for a minute that it would be shortlisted. I think I actually squealed when I read the words for the first time! I kept reading the email over and over. Although bursting to tell people, I had to wait until the news was made public yesterday.

There are five writers in each category. Along with the titles of their novels, here are the authors shortlisted with me for the Romantic Saga Novel:
To see my novel grouped with such excellent writers is a real honour and I thank the judges who shortlisted me.

Once the shortlists were announced yesterday, I was overwhelmed by the sheer volume of good wishes and congratulations I received especially from the writing community on social media. I tried to thank everyone in person and if I've missed anyone, I apologise. Friends in my RNA Chapter, Cariad, (which has two other writers shortlisted but in other categories, Evonne Wareham and Helga Jenson-Forde!) have been wonderfully supportive as always. There's definitely going to be celebratory cake at the next meeting! 

So what next? The award ceremony will be held on Monday 20th May at the Royal Leonardo Hotel, London. The hotel and tickets are booked. All that's needed now is to choose the all-important frock with the question To sparkle or not to sparkle?

I'm not expecting to win but I'm very much looking forward to meeting up with everyone and simply enjoying the occasion. I started this blog when I began writing my first novel. I called it Jan's Journey into Writing. Apart from gaining my publishing contract with Ruby Fiction, being shortlisted for this wonderful award has to be the highlight of my journey since then. A big thank you to the RNA for making it happen. 

Thank you for reading. You may also follow me on:

X/Twitter - @JanBaynham
FaceBook - Jan Baynham Writer
Instagram - janbaynham

For more information about me and my books, please visit my Amazon page.

Did you know that all my novels are available to read on Kindle Unlimited for those of you who subscribe?
'I just adore Jan Baynham's books - they each read like a beautiful saga - stretching over a couple of generations, the stories just grab you and draw you in.' 

Amazon Reviewer 5* 

2 comments: