Monday 15 September 2014

One Lovely Blog Award

I have been nominated for the One Lovely Blog Award by Samantha Bacchus. I have been following Samantha's blog since I started writing my own. She was my very first follower and is always very encouraging and supportive. You may also follow her on Twitter @Sammylou37 and her Samantha Bacchus Author page on Facebook.
CLICK HERE 
Basically I have to give 7 facts about myself.


THE RULES


  • Link back to the blog of the person who nominated you.
  • Share 7 facts about yourself.
  • Nominate 15 blogs that you particularly like, or fewer if you can’t think of 15.
  • If I’ve nominated your blog, please don’t feel obliged to take part if you don’t want to, but if you do, that's great! Thanks.

7 RANDOM FACTS ABOUT ME



When I was a little girl, my dad used to take me with him to watch motorbike scrambling at Hawkstone Park in Shropshire. Even now, I can still smell the fumes of the bikes' engines.





Before starting my A Levels, I spent the six week summer holiday as an au pair in Cassis, just outside the port of Marseilles. This began my love of France and the French way of life.







I collect thimbles and now have well over two hundred of them. Each one is a memento of a place visited or holds a memory of someone who has bought it for me. I have learned the word for 'thimble' in a number of languages! 






I am an official Eddie Stobart Club member and have my own spotter's handbook where I record all the trucks I see on our roads and motorways. It could take another two years but a truck named 'Janet Eleanor', after yours truly, is on its way!






I love picture books where the illustrations send a powerful message. I used many such books when I was a 'Philosophy for Children' trainer. One of my favourites was 'The Arrival' by Shaun Tan. 







Confession time - I just adore chocolate! Boxes of it, bars of it, chocolate desserts, chocolate cakes, chocolate sauce...Once, someone even bought me a chocolate smelling candle in a tin and on one occasion, we planted a chocolate perfumed flower, Cosmos atrosanguineus, in the garden.  



I am a big fan of Welsh rugby. Even though it's usually only on the Big Screen, I enjoy watching the national team play especially in the Six Nations' tournaments. Cardiff on international day comes alive! 



So there you have it. Seven more random facts about me.

I have nominated just a few bloggers this time because it's only a few months ago since I did a similar thing for another award. Here are some other interesting blogs that I follow, having found them more recently, and recommend that you pop across and have a look:


Judith Barrow - http://www.judithbarrow.co.uk/category/blog/
Kath Eastman http://nutpress.co.uk/blog/
Juliet Greenwood http://julietgreenwoodauthor.wordpress.com/
Lynne Hackles - http://lynnehackles.blogspot.co.uk/
Evonne Wareham http://evonneonwednesday.blogspot.co.uk/

Thank you for reading! You may follow me on Twitter @JanBayLit and on my Jan Baynham Writer Facebook page. 




4 comments:

  1. Wow Jan, all the things you get to know about people through these blog awards!!! I used to collect thimbles too, had a couple hundred of them - boxed away somewhere - I'll have to dig them out now! Eddie Stobart club member eh? That's such a great random fact! Thanks for this post (and linking back to me) I have really enjoyed it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Samantha. Yes, everyone has some quirky facts hidden away. Both my son and daughter live in Manchester now so the M6 is a great hunting ground to spot Eddie Stobart trucks. I think donning an anorak and attending open days may be a step too far though as yet...but never say never!

      Delete
  2. The chaps in our house are Rugby fans as well Jan, and our son has all the tops, and everything stops when the Welsh Dragons are on.... Eddie with a truck named after you is amazing, I see lots passing our house, so will look out for that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we're all rugby fans here too, Sue. When you become an Eddie Stobart member you can apply for a truck to be named after you but it will take a few years. Thanks for reading and commenting - you've had a busy week!

      Delete