Sunday 11 June 2017

Book Launch of 'Not Thomas'
I couldn't go off on holiday without telling you all about an amazing afternoon I spent yesterday. The pre-launch of 'Not Thomas' by Sara Gethin (Wendy White) was held in the Ffwrnes Theatre, Llanelli. The atrocious weather did not deter people and the event was very well attended. 

'Not Thomas'  is written from a five-year-old boy's viewpoint when 'he's returned to the care of his mother. His mother's hiding a drug addiction and she badly neglects him. Despite the subject matter, the novel does have plenty of lighter moments.' 

Wendy read passages from the book that were poignant and atmospheric. I'm so looking forward to reading it but am expecting tears, too. Published by Honno, the cover looks and feels wonderful, drawing you inside to get into the head of little Tomos. 


Look out for a guest appearance from Sara in a few weeks time when she will tell you more about how she came to write the story of Tomos and how it was picked up by Honno Press. 



No blog for a week or so now. I am flying to Madeira in the morning. Thank you for reading the blog. 

You may also follow me on Twitter @JanBayLit and on my Jan Baynham Writer Facebook page. 



6 comments:

  1. Thank you so much, Jan - and thank you for coming along on such a dreadfully damp day and supporting me.
    I was very nervous about the launch. Holding it as part of a Spoken Word event certainly took the pressure off, so I could relax and enjoy it.
    I hate being the focus of attention - I'm fine in front of an assembly of children, not so great in front of adults. But I had a lovely afternoon and am so grateful to everyone who turned out.
    I'm looking forward to being interviewed by you for a future blog post. Have a wonderful holiday xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a pleasure, Wendy. The launch was great and I'm glad you enjoyed the afternoon in the end. :-) I've now read 'Not Thomas' and it blew me away.

      Delete
  2. What a wonderful day it was - I felt privileged to listen to Wendy reading from her remarkable book. I read it in one hit yesterday! You are in for a treat. Have a wonderful holiday, Jan. xXx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was good to meet up with you and Janey at the launch, Carol. I agree - Wendy's book is superb. Madeira was wonderful as always, thanks.

      Delete
  3. It's a brilliant book,Jan.Have a great holiday.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Judith. I loved 'Not Thomas', too. Thank you, we had a lovely holiday and came back refreshed.

      Delete